Sunday, March 17, 2002

Non-System Disk Error.
"This can't be good." I said to myself.

Well, it wasn't good.

Everything that I'd put on my computer over the last 3 years was now gone.

Good thing I had backed up all the important stuff:
1. Outlook Address Book
2. Quicken Data Files
3. My book: Adventures in Radio: The Creepy Steve Story (250 pages!)
Important Note: Backup anything you don't want to lose.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be to reload everything onto my computer.

Here's what I had to reinstall:
Network Card Software
IE 5.5
Outlook and Adress book
HP Printer Driver
Scanner Driver
Flash and Shockwave
Windows Updates
Iomega Zip Drive
DVD Volume Control
Let's just call it a Spring Cleaning.

My system seems a lot faster now too. The drive isn't as sluggish as it used to be.

I wonder if all those recent crashes were an indication of a serious problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment