Just got this email from Ian Bayne:
Tomorrow, Thursday, the Massachusetts State Senate (General Court) will vote to raise your taxes.I hate taxes!
The vote is tomorrow. I'm asking you to:
1) Call your senator's office and ask for their aide
2) Email your senator
Tell them to vote against raising our taxes.
If your senator is a Democrat, tell them that you are just as important as the special interest lobbyists that take up their time to spend our taxpayer money on handouts for people too lazy to work.
If your senator is a Republican, demand that they do what they are there to do: represent taxpayer's interests.
Taxes to be raised if passed:
• Restaurant meals tax up by 3%
• Boost traffic and parking fines
• Increase fine for "blocking an intersection" to $200 !!!
• Allow cities and towns to raise property tax above the 2 1/2 % level
Tell your senator to VOTE AGAINST NEW TAXES TOMORROW, THURSDAY JUNE 12th!
Please, please take 5 minutes of your day to do this. It's very important.
To find out where to call and email, go here: http://www.wheredoivotema.com/bal/myelectioninfo.php