1. Do not cover anything we can see on TV: not a single speech.Assignment accepted.
2. Do give us your perspective as a citizen: be opinionated and, when deserved, cynical.
3. Do report on the reporters: Expose the tricks of their trade.
4. Do take assignments from your readers: ask the questions the people who can't be there would ask (that, after all, is the real job of reporters, isn't it?).
5. Do not take it too seriously. This is a nonevent, a media event, a carnival. Treat it as the amusement it is.
Thursday, May 13, 2004
Video Blog Assignment: Democratic Convention
Jeff Jarvis posts this from the Bloggers' convention assignment desk: