Check out the sessions that Chuck and I are going to be in at the Wood s Hole Film Festival, Xwhaves:
SUNDAY, July 31:
Woods Hole Community Hall, 8PM - 10PM
A digital melange of shorts, video blogs and podcasts featuring a discussion of the use of short form digital content as a means of conveying story. Featuring Steve Garfield Boston Correspondent, (RocketBoom.com) and videoblogger (stevegarfield.com) and Chuck Olsen (BLOGUMENTARY) and videoblogger (MNSTORIES.COM) who will share tips and talk about the video blogging experience.
MONDAY, August 1:
Woods Hole Community Hall, 2PM - 4:30PM
Where will the DIGITAL wave take us?
Moderated by Tony Kahn of WGBH Boston
Citizen journalism, personal media, video blogging and the convergence of digital storytelling methods meet an new era of novel, inexpensive worldwide distribution: An active, open discussion about the ever-changing landscape of how content gets delivered.
- Dave Winer, one of the fathers of the blogosphere and the coder responsible for RSS and web-based citizen journalist movement that it spawned
- Bob Lyons, executive producer, and Director of Radio and New Media Initiatives at WGBH/BOSTON where Bob oversees Web and streaming services for WGBH's radio, Television and Cable outlets
- Sam Weisman, Director, (DICKIE ROBERTS, FORMER CHILD STAR; GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE; THE BERNIE MAC SHOW)
- Steve Garfield, Boston Corespondent, RocketBoom.com and videoblogger (stevegarfield.com)
- Chuck Olsen, documentary filmmaker (BLOGUMENTARY) and videoblogger (MNSTORIES.COM)