Installation instructions for dell laptop with SigmaTel sound driver:I ended up using my Mac.
The changes below involve installing new drivers, editing the registry or editing system files. Follow the instructions below exactly and be very careful not to change anything but the values indicated. If you do not feel comfortable with this, ask an experienced person to do it for you.
Enabling the Microphone on SigmaTel sound cards
1. In the start menu, click on the Run icon.
2. Type in "regedit".
3. In the registry editor, under Edit, click Find.
4. Type in DisableMicFromPlayback and check all the boxes.
5. Now the screen is showing all the keys that have to do with the built-in sound.
6. Find the key listed as DisableMicFromPlayback.
7. Double click on the key: you will see a text box that says edit binary value. To change it, make the last two digits 00 (off).
8. Exit regedit (saving the changes) and restart the computer.
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Podcasting with CastBlaster on a Dell Laptop isn't easy
I tied to use CastBlaster on a Dell laptop but couldn't get the microphone to work. One look at the help screen explains why: