Labels

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Massachusetts Direct Shipment of Wine

Romney Files Bill to Support Consumer Choice in Wine:
"Governor Mitt Romney today filed legislation to regulate the direct interstate shipment of wine to Massachusetts. The proposed new law would satisfy consumer demand for choice in wine without imposing burdensome restrictions on this type of commerce.

It’s time we end the monopoly that wholesalers have over wine sales and allow out-of-state wineries to ship directly to Massachusetts consumers,” said Romney."
Romney for Governor!

2 comments:

  1. I just followed up on this a little bit. I won't name names, but someone from the Committe on Licensure told me that they don't have the bill yet, have no bill #, and no schedule for a hearing.

    I asked how I would be able to be kept informed on the bill's progress.

    The response: "Keep calling back."

    Their number is 617-722-2090.

    Please help me stay informed by calling and getting updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:57 PM

    Looks like the veto of H.4498 was overridden by the legislature on 2/15. So much for unrestricted direct shipping to MA. Still, I think the final cutoff point was wineries producing less than 50,000 gallons, so that should open up things a little...

    John
    Belchertown

    ReplyDelete