The big question around the Garfield household these days is whether or not you can paint when it's this cold outside.
Our painter sent over this link, with information about the primer he's using, so we can sleep at night: Exterior house primers from Sherwin-Williams:
"PrepRite - Quick Seal Alkyd PrimerNow that's a good painter.
* Assures uniform appearance of topcoats
* Fast drying
* Seals stains from water, graffiti, smoke, tannin, knots and sap
* Topcoat with latex or oil paints
* Can be applied down to 40 degrees F
* Ideal for use on wood, hardboard, PVC piping and previously painted surfaces"