Labels

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Sign Pollution


Sign Pollution by stevegarfield, uploaded from flickr.

This is really just sign pollution. Seen at a rotary in Jamaica Plain, these political signs don't work as advertising for me.

If my neighbor put a sign in his front yard, then I'd have some indication that the support was coming from a real person.

But a sea of signs placed in a public space just says to me that the campaigners were overzealous. The campaign wants you to vote for their candidate.

When I saw this I was disgusted.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. It's not like you have secret respect for the rotary's opinion about politics. It's just names cluttering up the green space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drive through (around?) that rotary every day, and have been thinking the same thing. I can't decide if this is more or less annoying than when the Deval Patrick supporters were out on the grass there waving signs and contributing to the traffic nonsense that occurs every morning.

    ReplyDelete