Labels

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Why didn't I know about the other races on the Suffolk County ballot?



Here's a video from my polling place. It shows you the four Massachusetts ballots, Democratic, Republican, Green-Rainbow, and Working party.

There are three other races going on in Suffolk county. The first time I heard about them was when I stepped into the polling place. This is outrageous.

I've been asking to see a copy of the ballot for over a week, and all I could fund were presidential candidates.

Here are the other races:

State Committee Man
State Committee Woman
Ward Committee

I left them all blank.

I feel that the electoral process has failed me.

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Steve. Here in Somerville, I left them all blank as well, except for two names I actually knew. Coming from California, I'm not used to this business of getting nothing in the mail before an election (except pleas for money from Somerville Democratic organizations). How the heck is anyone supposed to make an informed vote here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess how people in Illinois feel about voting for judges they know nothing about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please get in touch with the Public Records Division's Alan Cote tel 617 727-2832 and arrange to get specimen ballots and preventing the denial in future elections.

    Public records FOI freedom of information principles and sunshine open public meeting principles apply when one of the other Divisions of of the offices of The Secretary of the Commonwealth are in denial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supervisor of Records Alan Cote, email pre@sec.state.ma.us

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just moved to Belmont. They had town comittee primaries too. I also left it all blank. It's horrible. I totally agree with you on this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I emailed Supervisor of Records Alan Cote.

    ReplyDelete