Labels

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ignite Boston



Ignite Boston at Tommy Doyle's in Cambridge needs to find a better venue next time.

At Ignite, Way Back

The place was jam packed with people. Really interesting people, but you have a really hard time listening to the speakers.

I sat in the back at the Microsoft table meeting people and answering questions.

Ignite Boston

Microsoft gave out one drink ticket per person. I gues that actually matches the description on the Ignite site:
Microsoft is sponsoring the night and there will be a free beer for those of you who check in when you get there.
First time I got the 'special' glass. Nice Summer Ale. Mmm... beer.

Sam Scwartz

Sam Schwartz rocks. Linda Woods from Eons too. I told her to check out my mom.

American Idol Guy?

I think that guy from American Idol was there, but I'm not sure.

Stopped off at Smile Thai to get some take out. Now gearing up for Lost...

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, the dreadlocked gentleman is Artur Janc, founder of Lingro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! I totally didn't see you and I was right back there at the bar a couple of times. Yeah, that place sucked as a venue. Awful. I stayed near the door up front in case there was a fire!! :)
    Hoping you can make the Berkman meeting next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I sat in the back at the Microsoft table meeting people and answering questions."

    Word. Chilling at the Microsoft table was one of the best parts of the event. It's not a good event unless there's some good socializing going on.

    After recovering (at the MS table) from the frightful experience of presenting I spent the rest of the night up near the front listening to talks. Pretty fun and interesting overall. It's tough to balance the hearing of talks with the usefulness of conversation.

    Next time ya'll should bring real stadium seats... like stilts. And ear horns.

    ReplyDelete