After emptying my iPhone camera roll into iPhoto, the iPhone camera refused to save any new pictures for me anymore.
What? It didn't like my composition?
So I Googled for a solution and found this one. It's over on the Apple support message boards where everyone is wondering why there isn't an official response from Apple.
That's what I'd like to know... At least poster yeagz was kind enough to test out all the solutions and post a working one:
Apple - Support - Discussions - Camera will not save pictures to phone ...:
"Streamlined instructions:This works on iPhone Software Version 1.1.4
1. Make sure your phone has been synchronized in the version of iTunes you are using.
2. Restore your phone. (in itunes in the summary tab click the restore button)
3. After JUST the phone settings are restored, DO NOT restore your personal information from a back-up. It will prompt you for this, don't close this screen just hold off on it for now.
4. Simply take a photo (no need to disconnect). The photo should now appear in the camera roll, as usual.
5. NOW go back to itunes and restore your personal information from a back-up.
Simple and easy. Fixed."
Tested July 9, 2008 at 10:20 PM
Tip: Never delete all your photos from your camera roll on your iPhone.