Last night after having dinner in Boston, I got back to my VW New Beetle and started to drive out of my parking space.
It was a great space too. Just in front of the Copley Square Hotel at 47 Huntington Ave. It's marked for valet aprking, but the hotel seems to be closed for renovations so no valet parking was happening.
As I pulled away from the space, the car seemed funny. I got out and saw that I had a left rear flat tire. Oh oh. Then I looked around hte side and saw that I had a right rear flat tire. Yikes. The I saw both front tires were flat too. Hmm. That's bad. Some one was not happy with my tires.
The VW emblem was also twisted off the trunk.
I wasn't sure if all the tires were slashed, so I got out my cigarette lighter powered tire inflator, and tried to inflate a tire. It worked. I then inflated the rest of the tires and drive back to my neighborhood and dropped the car off at the local garage.
This morning I got a call that all the car needed was four valve stems replaced.
Next up, figuring out how to file an incident report with the Boston Police Department.
User interface experts, get ready...
I called in and was directed to call the 911 emergency #, 617-343-4911, to file a report. I gave some preliminary information and someone is going to call me back.
Sounds like it's best to call 911 from the scene so an officer can take the report then.
Police called and took report. Very efficient. Nice job.
I filed an online claim with my insurance company, AMICA. When entering the claim form I got an error:
Server Error in '/claimsOnLine' Application.I got this error after trying to submit the form three times.
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a
tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
On the forth time the form was submitted, and within the hour I got a call from Amica. Great call. I also told them about the website error and feel confident taht they actually will let someone know about it.
They are the best. Thanks Amica!