Labels

Monday, January 26, 2009

The consumer video camera I want manufacturers to make for me. - FriendFeed

Melissa Pierce

The consumer video camera I want manufacturers to make for me. - FriendFeed:
1. Saves to SD Card
2. Has Firewire output
3. Has audio in
4. Has mic that's configurable to shotgun or surround
5. Easily accessible power connection
6. Supports AT&T SIM card for live streaming
7. Allows for extended battery
8. Has physical volume controls vs. soft menu control
9. Saves video as QuickTime .mov files for direct editing
10. Tripod can remain attached while allowing removal of SD card
Add your requests over on Friendfeed.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me! And best of all, it actually makes sense and is/will soon be doable.

    - Rima

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're missing one big feature! You need to be able to monitor the audio via a headphone jack! I have a Canon FS100 which has an audio line-in, but not line out!

    Firewire is a big plus, especially for it's ability to take live video off the camera. Really want that.

    Also, the recording format is a tough one. It would be nice to have a non-compressed format so you wouldn't have to recompress after editing… which degrades the video and audio quality. Of course, non-compressed = huge files. Of course we're nearing TB-sized SD cards!

    Also I don't see HD listed. It would be nice to have the option to shoot HD when you're not streaming (until streams can handle it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @brian You're right about monitoring video. When I wrote this I was thinking about the HDC-SD100 that Panasonic gave me. It has audio out for monitoring the audio recording, and it's HD.

    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete