Labels

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Traveling to Niagara Falls (US Side) and Fort Niagara

Growing up, I heard about people traveling to Niagara Falls, but I really never knew anyone who had been there on vacation.

Recently, I saw my friend Cassidy Quinn Brett Brettler take a picture in front of Niagara Falls.


Image: Cassidy Quinn Brettler at Niagara Falls

When I saw that this photo, I was impressed. I'd never thought about visiting the Falls, but this picture stayed with me.

The day after I saw this picture, I got and e-mail from TravelZoo, with a special hotel rate for Niagara Falls (Canadian Side).

So, I asked my wife if she be interested in taking a trip up there, because we were trying to decide what to do during the next week.

She asked if there were any wineries up there, so I searched, and found some. Actualy more than just some, there's a whole wine country at Niagara-on-the-Lake.

We booked the trip.

After that I posted to Facebook and asked people for suggestions on what to do in the area. One friend suggested going to Old Fort Niagara.

I checked it out and saw that it was a short ride from the Buffalo/Niagara International Airport selects what we did.

Here are some photos:

Fort Niagara 2
Image: Fort Niagara 2

Fort Niagra Soldier
Image: Fort Niagra Soldier

Fort Niagara Window and Canteen
Image: Fort Niagara Window and Canteen

Fort Niagara
Image: Fort Niagara

It was a great stop.

Next up was Niagara falls on the US side.

We found some free on street parking right by the falls and walked over.

Here are some photos:

Niagara Falls Rainbow
Image: Niagara Falls Rainbow

Niagara Falls - American Side
Image:

Niagara Falls - American Side
Image: Niagara Falls - American Side

Niagara Falls - American Side Tilt Shift
Image: Niagara Falls - American Side Tilt Shift

Niagara Falls - American Side Pinhole
Image: Niagara Falls - American Side Pinhole

Niagara Falls - American Side Vibrant
Image: Niagara Falls - American Side Vibrant

Nicola Tesla statue at Niagara Falls - American Side
Nicola Tesla statue at Niagara Falls - American Side

Niagara Falls - American Side Goat Island Bridge
Image: Niagara Falls - American Side Goat Island Bridge

It was fun to take photos there.

Here's our self portrait:
upload
Image: Steve and Carol at Niagara Falls

Next up, crossing over to the Canadian side.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice pics Steve, I also visited Niagara Falls from Canadian side last year. We visited it from Canadian side, the falling views of Horseshoe waterfall from Table Rock was the memorable moments for us.

    ReplyDelete