After I did a video review of the Mercedes-Benz CLA250, courtesy of Mercedes-Benz of Burlington, they asked me if I wanted to take it for a longer test drive.
It was perfect timing since I was planning a road trip to the Finger Lakes in New York. So I accepted without any requirements on my part. They said it would be nice if I could share some photos along the way.
That, I took as a challenge.
Here are some of my CLA250 photos from the trip. I'll be posting a review of all of our stops in a future post.
Taking off from the Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline MA
I was excited when the MBUSA Instagram account Re-Instagramed this one!
COOPERSTOWN: OTESAGA RESORT
ITHICA: We Saw Lots of Corn
FINGER LAKES WINE: Glenora
CROTON on HUDSON
Turning in the car at the site of the future Mercedes-Benz of Burlington.
After spending 28 hours and 1,100 miles in the car, I can say that we loved everything about it.
TEST DRIVE HIGHLIGHTS:
- The CLA250 is fun to drive. Side view mirrors are BIG and helped see blind spots.
- Has great pick up from a stop, and goes really, really fast when you need to pass. ;-)
- Air conditioning was very good, with dual controls for each passenger.
- This test drive came with SiriusXM. I always enjoy that when I get it in a car.
- Bluetooth connectivity to my iPhone was easy to connect. Plays music seamlessly.
- The seats are very comfortable. After 1,110 miles in it, I have no back problems at all.
- Headlights were very bright on the Western Mass back roads, and the Mass Pike where it was very very dark.
- When we were on the highway and a large truck blew past us, the car shook.
- There wasn't a spare tire in the CLA250. Do cars come with spare tires any more? Answer: AMG’s and CLA/GLA don’t have them. They usually have Extended Running tires.
- It took a while to figure out how to use the control knob for the multimedia display.
- We had trouble finding a good place for an the iPhone running the Waze navigation app. Would be nice if Apple CarPlay gets integrated in the 2015 CLA250. I'd give Apple Maps a try. Otherwise, an iPhone holder would need to be purchased.
Thanks to Mercedes-Benz of Burlington partner, Craig Meece, from Allbrandautos.com, for arranging delivery and pick-up of the car. Craig is great. If you need help purchasing a Mercedes-Benz, or any make of car, contact Craig.
Thanks to the future Mercedes-Benz of Burlington for the test drive. Looking forward to a future partnership. Stay tuned.