In all my tests, the MV88 worked well, without any problems. As you add on external devices to help you record, you usually add in the possibility of technical failure. Not with the MV88. I was confident to use it each time.
The sound quality was very good and I appreciated the ability to modify the direction of the audio capture depending on the environment. The app was easy to use.
Here are the features of the mic, some video examples recorded directly to the camera and through Facebook Live, some of my suggestions for the next version, and some photos.
• MFi certi ed compatible with all iOS devices equipped with a Lightning connector
• Matched cardioid and bi-directional 1 cm cartridges for best-in-class audio
• Mid-side architecture for a phase-perfect, clear stereo image
• 5 DSP preset modes (Speech, Singing, Flat, Acoustic Instrument, Loud)
• Automatically adjusts EQ, compression and limiting for optimal results
• Innovative hinge/rotation design supports multiple recording angles, including video applications
• All-metal construction engineered to withstand the most demanding recording conditions
iOS 7.0 and higher: iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus; iPod touch 5th generation; iPad 4th generation, iPad Air, iPad Air 2; iPad Mini 1st generation, iPad Mini 2nd generation, iPad Mini 3rd Generation
ShurePlus™ MOTIV™ App Featuring:
–24-bit/48 khz .wav (uncompressed) recording
–Control over DSP mode selection, microphone gain, stereo width, raw mid-side adjustments, wind reduction, capsule selection, Left-Right Swap, 5-band EQ and compression/limiting
Buy on Amazon.com (Affiliate Link):
iPhone 7 Plus Recording
iPhone 7 Plus Facebook Live Stream of Christmas Car Tree Review
INSTALL ON CAR ROOF
A few notes that I would pass on to developers:
1. I would like the mic to be able to be adjustable 180 degrees. So it can both be pointed at an interviewee or the person recording.
2. OR All the microphone to twist so that the side pics work while in landscape mode, allowing both mics to work at the same time for interviewer and interviewee.
3. I’d like the mic to have a daisy chained lighting port on it so that I can plug in another lightning cord to power the phone while using the mic.
4. I’d like a longer lightning connector so that I can use the mic while keeping a case on my iPhone