Thursday, August 25, 2011
dropcam internet video monitor
I just installed the dropcam internet video monitor. I got it as a demo unit.
This is a great solution to monitor your home if you are going to be away. Hurricane baring down on your area? Install a dropcam internet video monitor and keep tabs on your home via a web page or iPhone or Android device.
The dropcam is an internet video monitor that is easy to install. For something that has to hook up via WiFi, the installation was seamless.
After following the web based instructions, my dropcam was running on WiFi and I could place it anywhere. The video quality is great.
The BASIC features are always free:
- live viewing on your laptop, iPhone, or Android device
- motion and audio alerts sent to your email
- motion and audio notification sent to your iPhone or iPod Touch
You can upgrade to PLUS for $8.95 per month:
- offsite storage so your video stays safe
- 7 days of DVR recording so you don't miss a thing
PRO increases the DVR storage:
- 30 days of DVR recording so you don't miss a thing
You can keep your dropcam video feed private, choose to share a link with family and friends, or make your dropcam public and optionally embed it on a webpage.
Take a look at some Public Dropcams.
Where to Buy
You can buy the dropcam online. The audio enabled dropcam costs $279 and the video only version is $199.
I'll be talking about the dropcam on SteveGarfield.tv today, 8/25, at 2 ET.