NBCOlympics.com: NBC Olympics Live Extra, the exclusive home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to the vast majority of customers who subscribe to the Digital Starter package and sign-in.
NBCOlympics.com will live stream more than 3,500 programming hours, including Olympic events and coverage from NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC and Bravo, for the first time ever, so that Xfinity TV customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge.
Those subscribers who sign in and verify their subscriptions by Friday, July 27 can enter the NBC Olympics Live Extra Sweepstake for a chance to win prizes including a trip to the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, an HDTV, and other prizes, courtesy of NBCUniversal. Xfinity TV customers can also utilize the Xfinity website for the Ultimate Viewer’s Guide that gives users easy access to NBCUniversal’s live streaming events at NBCOlympics.com.
Xfinity TV customers should follow these verification procedures to access Olympic programming via NBCOlympics.com:
1. Go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
2. Click the “Click Here & Get Ready” button
3. Select Comcast
4. Enter the username and password that corresponds with your Comcast Xfinity TV account
5. You are signed in throughout the Games on that device!
6. Comcast Xfinity customers with both video and high-speed Internet service will automatically be verified when in their homes; when out of the home, customers that don’t have their account information can easily access that information through their phone numbers and other easy ways.
Additionally, Xfinity.com will offer enhanced TV listing guides with filters to quickly find NBCUniversal’s Olympic events and view TV listings in 30-minute programming blocks. Xfinity TV customers can also utilize the Xfinity website to change the channel on live TV or tune to programming on Xfinity On Demand, record events on their DVR, and view the latest news, highlights and schedules. Xfinity.com/latinotv will offer special Spanish-language guides and tools to help users control and manage their Olympic viewing experience.
Once you register with your cable provider, Comcast Xfinity in my case, you get this message: