Labels

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Evan Richman's Great Photo


Evan Richman has an amazing photo accompanying this Globe article this morning.

With no claim to halo, chief Angel presses on - The Boston Globe.

I saw it in the paper and CC Chapman just emailed me about it too.

I also LOVE this photo.

It really caught my eye and I immediately wondered if he asked Curtis Sliwa to stand still...

And then I thought that I wanted to do it...

Then I remembered that the T doesn't allow photography without a permit...

And then I thought that those rules to don apply to newspaper photographers...

Then I thought that I am going to be a community news photographer for the new BostonNOW newspaper...

Hmm...

2 comments:

  1. Why doesn't the "T" allow photography? What are they affraid we'll take a picture of? Crowded trains?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evan writes in:

    Thanks for the kind words about the Sliwa pic in the Globe today.

    To answer your questions, photography-including news photography is not officially allowed on MBTA property. We received permission to shoot pictures of the Guardian Angels on patrol last Friday.

    ...And no I did not ask Sliwa to pose for the picture: setting up photographs (aside from posed portraits) is not something we do at The Globe.

    Sliwa had just gotten off the train and was watching it leave the station. Standing on a bench, I shot the picture at a shutter speed of 1/4 of a second to register the motion of the train.

    ReplyDelete