Labels

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Taking the Initiative: Sarah Palin, Brian Solis, and Mark Burnett - A BlogWorld Expo Encounter

Blogworld & New Media Store #bwe10

I'm not the biggest Sarah Palin fan but I ended up helping to promote her show, Sarah Palin's Alaska on TLC from Mark Burnett, at Blog World Expo 2010.

Brian Solis saw that I was attending the conference, through my tweets, and asked me if I'd help him do an experiment when he did a keynote interview with Mark Burnett on stage. I was happy to help Brian out even after hearing that my participation would end up supporting Sarah Palin.

In a flurry of activity I was brought backstage just before the keynote and given a video to upload to YouTube.



After the video uploaded, it was 2 min. before Brian and Mark would take the stage. I saw that there were TV lights set up, so when Mark Burnett came over to thank me for helping him with his project, I asked him if I could interview him for a moment. He said yes.

I brought them over to the studio lights, asked if we could use them, and turn them on. I had my video camera and was ready to shoot the interview at a moments notice.

We did a quick interview and then off he went onstage.

I only had that one moment, took the initiative, and got a great interview with Mark Burnett.



As seen in Seth Godin's SXSW Pokes PDF.

Read more here: Free eBook: SXSW Pokes

1 comment:

  1. You know I adore you, Steve. But Sarah Palin makes me vomit! Good job on jumping on the opportunity for an interview, though!

    And it was lovely, as always, to see you at SX.

    xo

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete