Labels

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Blogger Lets You Use Your Own Domain

Blogger Lets You Use Your Own Domain:
"Blogger added a new feature: Bring your own domain. All you have to do is buy a domain, anywhere, at any price you can find, set up your Blogger account and point your DNS at Google’s server at ghs.google.com, and viola*! Now your Blogger blog appears at its own domain name, and all you had to do was pay less than ten bucks a year for the domain. You don’t need hosting, because Blogger handles all the traffic, you just bring the domain."
This is big news.

Yay!

i might just do it!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting.... blogger may keep me yet.

    Should I make "the switch" to new blogger? Will they screw things up in the transition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to switch, but my blog is too big for them to switch right now.

    They promise to allow you to keep your existing template, and I heard it's supposed to be a lot better and faster.

    So I'd go for it.

    I use it for my Nokia test Center blog and I like the new features a lot.

    ReplyDelete