Labels

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Travel Tip: Driving a car in Canada, get an insurance ID card

Information
Image: Mercedes C250 Hertz Rental Car

I went on a last-minute trip to Canada, and flew JetBlue into Buffalo. It turns out that flying into Buffalo New York, is a lot less expensive than flying into Toronto, unless there's a special on Porter Airlines.

Hello Buffalo!
Image: JetBlue

Even More Space on @jetblue with Dunkin Donuts coffee. Perfect.
Image: JetBlue Dunkin Donuts Coffee

I rented a car at Hertz in Buffalo, and when I went to pick up the car this Mercedes C250 was sitting right in front of me. The car I had reserved was a Chevy Impala.

So, I had a decision to make that I will want to drive around for a week in Canada in a Chevy or did I want to upgrade to a Mercedes?

Mercedes wins!

I always think that renting a car for a week is a really great way to do a test drive if you're thinking of buying a new car.

Before I left the US, I knew that I had to get an insurance card for Canada. So I called my insurance company, AMICA, and they sent me the card via e-mail.

When I stopped to pick up my car at Hertz, I asked if he needed to see my insurance card for Canada, and he said "Don't worry about it."

Well, better safe than sorry.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great trip, Steve. Thanks for this post reminding other motorists about the need to obtain a Canadian insurance identification card while driving in Canada. (And thanks for mentioning us. We appreciate it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renting cars in Canada provides a very great services and complete customer satisfaction. I am happy to read your article.
    Thanks for sharing your views. We at National Car rental also provides, Luxury Cars in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. good colour car great rims wheels good in shape. :)

    rims tires financing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic job here. I really enjoyed what you had to say. Keep heading because you surely bring a new voice to this subject. Not many people would say what youve said and still make it interesting. Well, at least Im interested. Cant wait to see more of this from you.
    =============================================================================================
    www.autoproject.ca | where Car Dealers and car lovers connect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got my license and I'm not sure what kind of car I should get. My top two choices are Mercedes-Benz (C250 or 300 sport) and Cadillac (CTS sport sedan). However, I am open to other cars. Here are my choices:

    Mercedes (white or dark grey)
    Cadillac (white or dark grey)
    Jaguar (white or dark grey)
    Audi (white)

    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those are all good choices.

      Delete