Labels

Friday, August 08, 2008

2009 SXSW Interactive Panel Picker



The 2009 SXSW Interactive Panel Picker is now live:
"Welcome to the Panel Picker voting interface. This web application gives you the power to browse all programming proposals and give us your feedback on which ideas you think are most appropriate for the SXSW Interactive Festival (scheduled March 13-17, 2009 in Austin, Texas)."
30% of the panel decision making process is made from these online votes, the other 70% is made my and advisory board and staff members, they are like non-binding electoral college voters, reporters with a basis if you will.

Here's my proposed session:
Live Twitter: Media Makers Roundtable

Category:
New Technology / Next Generation
Presenter:
Steve Garfield, SteveGarfield.com
Description:
Based on the Boston Media Makers model, a group of about 30 conference goers will sit around a big table and have a chance to talk to everyone else for 3 minutes. You can tell us what you are doing, ask a question, or do a show and tell. This is for people who are interested in audio and video blogging, social media and conversations. This is an opportunity to meet other people at SXSW that you might not otherwise have a chance to get to know. See: http://bostonmediamakers.wordpress.com for and idea of what our meeting are like. It's so popular these meetings have spread to New Hampshire, Washington, DC; Denver, Colorado; and planned to start up in London. See how it works and bring it home to your city!
I made a comment on the page to add more info:
I started Boston Media Makers because of conferences like SXSW, where there are a lot of great people attending, but you don't get to meet them all. So it'd be exciting to have a meeting at SXSW and allow people to meet others that they might not usually meet. Check the Boston Media Makers website to see what our meetings are like: http://bostonmediamakers.wordpress.com After we go around the table to see who everyone is, we break out into an open discussion. Hope to meet YOU at SXSW!
Thanks for voting.

No comments:

Post a Comment