Labels

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Anonymous Scientology Boston Protest Coverage

I headed over the the Boston Church of Scientology to file some reports for Rocketboom.com

It was cold and rainy with temperatures in the 30's. The group of protesters I saw there looked like a cross between an Improv Everywhere and and Halloween party crowd.

My request for an interview with someone from the Church was not answered.

I streamed three LIVE reports with my Nokia N95 using ATT and Qik:



YouTube Version.

#1. Has 'Hey Joanne this is Steve Garfield' intro for Rocketboom and a quick interview with a couple of protesters.



#2. Has a chant that goes around (4) street corners, "Religion Should Be Free!"

YouTube, MySpace, Metacafe, DailyMotion, Veoh and Crackle



#3. Is an interview with a former Scientologist. He gives his name in the piece and has some good quotes at the end. It was a good interview but for some reason the stream cut out at :58 seconds. D'oh.

Flickr Photo Set: Anonymous Boston Scientology Protest 2/10/08

Watch for more coverage on Rocketboom.com: Monday February 12, 2008 : Anonymous International Protests of Scientology.

Edit: It's been submitted to digg: Everyone Digg it! http://digg.com/world_news/Anonymous_Scientology_Boston_Protest_Coverage

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:26 PM

    can you post these on youtube? the videos aren't working for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added a link under the first video to a YouTube version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:36 PM

    thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:04 PM

    hey this is great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:33 PM

    Awesome. Wish I'd driven over the bridge and up Route 3 for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:49 PM

    These are awesome, the only good videos I could find of the Boston protest. they should have at one point been in a group just to see how many people there really were, because the groups seemed small spread out like that.
    Good job dude.
    lulz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:31 PM

    Very nice coverage.

    I wish I had talked to that former Scientologist, even just to shake his hand. I was across the street and thought he was just one of the few older protesters.

    He has and can do more than I ever could just handing out leaflets. I can't imagine the things he's seen and knows first hand. Good luck to him. It is people like him who can lead and take this dangerous group down. Without him, the rest of us are nothing. Keep up the good fight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice coverage steve.

    Been watching scientology protest videos and pictures all morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent information to many people like to read articles to learn about these issues of great interest.

    ReplyDelete