I just noticed that Boston.com has rolled out a feature where readers can have their own blogs.
It's easy enough to create.
Here's my blog at Boston.com.
It would be nice if it had an easier to navigte to URL.
Some nice features are:
1. The ability to create your own title.
2. The ability to provide your blog with a unique image
3. THe ability to set up a blogroll of your favorite sites.
Some features that need further enhancement are:
1. Allow embedding of HTML. I'd like to post flickr photos without having to re-upload them to Boston.com
2. Alow editing of HTML. This would allow editing of uploaded image display size. Now, if your photo is too big, you have to resize it and re-upload.
3. Allow more of the blog post to show up on the blog page when there's a photo at the top. Right now, 'Read More >>' just shows the text and omits the image.
The full post can be seen when you click the post's permalink.
Where Are the Blogs?
Finally, what I'd like to know is if Boston.com is going to feature any of the reader's blogs or blog posts on the site. I'd like to see readers posts integrated with the news content and not relegated to a blog ghetto.
BostonNOW did it right:
As of now, I can't even find a page that lists user created blogs. All they have is a list of their own boston.com blogs.
Update: They also list Boston Area Blogs but not those hosted on Boston.com yet.
What's Your Blog?
If you create a blog at Boston.com, please leave a link in the comments.