Labels

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Send me that XML and I'll drop it into FCP 5

Chuck just sent this along to the Yahoo! Video blogging group:

Making a completely collaborative documentary film is an interesting idea.

The one person who has done the most research & work in this area is a nice fellow named Kent Bye. He's making a doc called The Echo Chamber Project.

Check out his most recent post -- imagining what you might do combining Final Cut XML with something like Drupal:

Collaborative Media with Drupal and Final Cut Pro XML | Echo Chamber Project:
I just wrote about the Choice and Freedom that XML provides consumers of products from software giants, and I'll talk a little bit more about some of the implications of being able to export Final Cut Pro projects into an XML format.

1 comment:

  1. Steve,
    Thanks for the link.
    I'm in the process of specifying out the Drupal modules that need to be developed in order to make this happen.
    I'd really like to develop an open source solution for generating FCP XML. Drupal is a great open source content management platform to do it on.
    I've been quoted $3000 for the first phase, and I want to get 300 people to donate $10 via Fundable.org after I specify all of the logistics.
    I'll keep you posted on developments.
    Take care,
    -Kent.

    ReplyDelete